FOR KIDS: Get involved – Be bold. Multiple winners picked TWICE per year! Participation is EASY. See *STEPS below (near bottom of page).
5 Minutes to read entire page.
Bobber Cobber – It’s just a coincidence that cobber is the Australian word (slang) for friend or mate…
“We want to recognize your genius in a wide-spread manner, and think of our community – Sponsors, Partners, Working Professionals, and the like – as a network of positive, encouraging, and professional associates… friends.” – John Waite, Founder
SUMMARY: Any youth under the age of 18 can participate, but please note that our services are mostly modeled for pre-teens and specifically, the 8 – 12 year old segment. That being said, there are kids who are younger with brilliant ideas and we encourage them to participate. As a floor, 5 years old is the youngest that should be submitting essays or ideas.
Feel free to SKIP to bottom of page to see *STEPS.
… Or, continue reading below for other details on this exciting program! (Recommended for 1st time visitors)
The purpose and goal of Bobber Cobber is to give youths an outlet to see if their idea(s) in starting a business have merit. The idea and submission will be reviewed first by the Bizzeebobber team. Next, if it passes through to the next round, will be presented to Sponsors and partners that we work with; and in the running to be a bi-annual winner! We want to keep this to a reasonable number of entrants reviewed by the committee, but this can vary in the future.
Currently we are looking for the TOP 20 entries (Per quarter – See Review Dates and schedule at bottom of page)…
Do YOU have a great business idea for a service or product?
We welcome and appreciate all entries, but may not respond to all of them. Even if you don’t make the Sponsor round the Bizzeebobber team has been known to send a note or two to give some feedback. If you are REALLY interested in getting feedback, please CONTACT US for special review. We are always happy to provide constructive criticism, but it may not be expedient. Still, we try to provide feedback within 2 weeks for these cases. (Parents or Guardians: It’s helpful to teach that feedback isn’t always immediate – JUST LIKE being an entrepreneur. Businesses don’t always bloom overnight, so these are many of life’s wonderful lessons)
HOW am I getting evaluated?:
The good news here is that we are not grading an idea based on the quality of the write-up itself. Of course, it’s not great practice to submit work that is riddled with typos and poor grammar, but the MAIN criteria is the merit of the idea. Here are some of the things you will “likely” (hint hint) want to include in your “Essay” or idea submission:
- Who would use your product or service?
- What is the NAME of your product or service?
- How much does it cost? Don’t need an EXACT here, but is it expensive? Is it $10 or $10,000? etc.
- How does it work?
- WHY does someone need it? Purpose is important…
Our goal is not to be TOO restrictive, so answering the above should be per discretion. It needs to be done in your style (YOU are the entrepreneur)… Though not required, feel free to express yourself with pictures and drawings, too.
Minimum standards to be deemed an acceptable submission:
- Any font style, but strongly suggest something that is readable (Arial, Times New Roman, Calibri, and nothing too fancy or cursive)
- 10-12 font
- No more than 1,000 words (or 2 Pages in Word)
Users should create a FREE profile on Bizzeebobber (HERE)… and reference their Screen Name when submitting the idea. Important: Please do not use your real name or any other demographic details (where you live, names of people in your family, your birth date), as it is not necessary.
WHY do this? WHAT do you win?:
There is much value in sharing your idea. FIRST, know that no one will TAKE your idea. You will have rights to it, so this is confidential with the Bizzeebobber team and any of our Sponsor partners. We will share winners, but not pertinent details to give others the ability to STEAL your idea.
Here is what else:
- Get feedback from Sponsors and business experts on HOW (NEXT steps) to make the idea better (for TOP 20 only – PER QUARTER) Reviewed every 3 months
- Get featured on our site (once we have enough entries); Phone call time and an arrangement to discuss the idea with key sponsors, if a TOP 5 finisher (What it takes to be an entrepreneur); Top 5 finisher for EACH date: January 20th & July 20th (Each Year). Note: January 20th (Based on entries from September and December), July 20th (Based on entries from March and June)
- Potential Prize winnings for your time and effort (for TOP 2 only) (TBD – Parents and Guardians, nothing too large)… There will be a Top 2 on January 20th & July 20th
- Exposure and something else to add to your EYC Seedling profile
- Create a FREE, secure profile; Register your account (Verify identity through provided email)
- Type up your essay (idea); Read sections above: HOW am I getting evaluated and Specifications
- *** SUBMIT your idea – HERE (Reference your screen name used in STEP 1) ***
- Within 2 weeks, either get feedback from the Bizzeebobber team or be informed that your entry will be reviewed by our Sponsors (See REVIEW dates below)
- Get showcased on Bizzeebobber – Let’s announce to the world that there is an entrepreneur in the making! Reserved for TOP 5 (Measured twice per year)
If it makes the next round, these entries get reviewed by Sponsors 4 times per year (March 30th, June 30th, September 30th, December 30th); Bi-annual winners announced by January 20th & July 20th (Each Year)
- Top 20 per quarter to receive feedback by email (within month after REVIEW dates listed just above).
- Phone call time for TOP 10, scheduled individually with winners (TBD)
- TOP 4 prize winner payouts to be arranged, but within 4 – 6 weeks after notification
If you are enjoying the activities on Bizzeebobber, please spread the word!
Learn about other tween (kid-friendly) offerings…